Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yesterday is Gone - But it Was a Really, Really Nice Day!

Yesterday was the first day we've had good weather in about forever. I know for sure it's just about one of the nicest days weather-wise of 2009...high in the 60's and no wind or rain. YAY!

To celebrate, I picked up the grandkids after school and took them to the park to feed the ducks and generally just be OUTSIDE. It seems like it's been forever since they could just go out and play.

Here's the duck pond:



We fed the ducks a mixture of white bread and hot dog buns - all that I had at home before we headed out. The kids love to come here. The ducks were pretty hungry, too, and came up right away to eat:



The kids were happy just to get outside and walk around. The grandson, of course, ran ahead everywhere:



The granddaughter is pretty good about staying close, but she wants equal camera time:



All in all we had a pretty good time for about an hour and a half and I was thankful just to be outside, feeling okay and enjoying the weather.

Oh, yeah - and it was a Nathan Gunn-free day. I think my crush is over. LOL

No comments: