Saturday, February 28, 2009

Let's All Keep Our Fingers Crossed for Susan!

Tomorrow Susan is supposed to go see the fantastic, the handsome, the oh-won't-you-be-my-baby Nathan Gunn perform in Baltimore. Here's the scoop from Susan's site:

The 49th Annual Henry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg Lecture-Performance: Nathan Gunn

Nathan Gunn, one of the most acclaimed and in-demand baritones performing today, will be the featured artist for Goucher’s 49th Annual Henry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg Lecture-Performance, held on Sunday, March 1, at 7 p.m. in Kraushaar Auditorium.

Free tickets must be reserved in advance by calling 410-337-6333 or e-mailing boxoffice@goucher.edu.

In addition to his performance, Gunn has offered to do a Q&A session/lecture/demonstration with interested Goucher students and faculty on Monday, March 2, from 9 to 10 a.m. in Merrick Lecture Hall. If you would like to attend, or if you need more information, contact Kristen Keener at kristen.keener@goucher.edu or 410-337-6316.

For more information about Gunn’s performance and accomplishments, please see www.goucher.edu/x29695.xml.


The reason we need to keep our fingers crossed? The WEATHER. Yes, the weather is conspiring against Susan. Her area is under a hazardous weather warning for snow and sleet. QUELLE HORREUR!
So now what I have always suspected is true. Weather is a JEALOUS WOMAN. Yes, plotting against Susan, attempting to keep Nathan Gunn to herself. You don't believe me? Just take a look at Monsieur Gunn's own performance schedule. Performance CANCELED in Cincinatti due to...WEATHER. I'm sure this has happened quite a bit over his career. I don't blame Weather, of course. If I had that kind of power, well, let's just say M. Gunn would be hanging around here, and we'd be having a GUNN show (<--ha ha) every day.

However, Mme. Weather, my friend Susan needs/wants/has to get to Baltimore tomorrow. So KNOCK IT OFF. Or I'll tell Nathan on you and he won't love you anymore. So there.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I've descended into total dramallama-ism. Thank you for your dramallamatastic support.

I'm almost tempted to saw a few Hail Marys, except that I'm Jewish, plus, more importantly, I don't want the word "hail" to give the jealous weather witch any ideas.

Nice graphic, btw.

*sigh*
Whaaaaa!!!!!!

ps The word verification for me to submit this post is almost the word 'unfair.' Fitting, no?

Maria said...

It is totally unfair, it is total BS and if I ever get a chance to talk to Weather, well, I will give her a piece of my mind.

Susan said...

So unfair. And it doesn't look bad enough down there for them to cancel it. It's driving home that would be the problem - heavy snow expected after 10pm, limited visibility, slippery spots, etc. And it's not snowing as I type this, which makes it even worse. So I'm looking outside at cloudy skies wondering why I'm not on the road. Why isn't he doing this free thing in Philly, where I could take the train????? Or Princeton, where I could practically WALK??????

(word verification: flirtyl)