Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nathan Gunn Spends Another Summer in London!

Or maybe it'll just be June. With my super NG antenna I have ferreted out his summer performance - and, of course, he's going to do a production of CAMELOT. GAH!! I would give my eye-teeth to see it, but I don't have the DeNiro (get it, denero, i.e. money) to get there. Woe is me.

Nathan Gunn and Me in the NY Philharmonic Camelot
Okay, fine, it isn't me it's Marin Mazzie
Sheesh


Here are the details:

Royal Festival Hall

Camelot

A concert performance presented by Raymond Gubbay
Friday 26 June 2009 - Saturday 27 June 2009

Frederick Loewe's Camelot

Anthony Andrews, Emmy award-winning star of theatre, film and television, leads a superb star cast including world-renowned baritone Nathan Gunn in this rare chance to experience a concert performance of Lerner & Loewe’s Camelot. This celebrated musical of passion and pageantry which inspired an age is accompanied by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra as the legend of King Arthur unfolds. With a host of much-loved songs including How to Handle a Woman, If Ever I would Leave You and I Loved You Once In Silence this promises to be a memorable evening not to be missed.


Wonder who the rest of the "superb star cast" is?

If anyone is interested in going, you'll get 10% off groups of 10 or more. I'm just sayin'. OH! Just occurred to me - his family could get a discount if they pump it up by a few more relatives! I'm sure he'll be taking his family. His extremely lucky family to be spending time in England. Sigh.

Here's the link
Royal Festival Hall

3 comments:

Maria said...

I didn't think before I posted - he's doing The Rape of Lucretia in Philadelphia the first part of June. So he won't be in London the whole month, but he might go into July there. Who knows? It's certainly none of my business, but after all, I am a devoted fan.

Susan said...

Come out for Lucretia! Ann and I are going on June 12. Did I mention that we have tickets in the FOURTH ROW? ;)
I guess I can't bee TOO Sad about today's aborted adventure considering I'm seeing him in two weeks and then again in June.

Let's face it, I'm a spoiled whining brat.

Maria said...

I'll be in Oregon at a Children's Museum or some other kid thing on the 12th of June. :(

Otherwise I might be tempted.

And yes, you are a spoiled whining brat. You're seeing him more than his family! But that doesn't mean I don't envy you.