Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OMG Nathan Gunn - Fix It Already!!

I noticed several months ago that Nathan Gunn's page on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) is incredibly sparse and basically uninformative. No pic of our hero, unbelieveably enough, just a link to The Colbert Report and some random and somewhat incorrect filmography information.

I know, I know, he's not a "movie star" per se, but that site is for anyone in the entertainment business and I think he more than qualifies with his Met HD DVD of The Magic Flute, not to mention other TV appearances on PBS' Great Perfomances and so forth.

It's not the lack of a bio pic that has me screaming, though - it's that the link posted to The Colbert Report just goes to a Hulu.com IMDB page and the latest Colbert Report episode. It doesn't even take you to Nathan's interview on 5-6-2008 which was, for lack of a better word, interesting.

The short filmography displayed shows him as portraying Papageno in PETER GRIMES in 2008 for an episode of Great Performances. Yes, the bird-catching Papageno from The Magic Flute. He does an excellent job in that role, but I doubt that is what Britten or Mozart had in mind. How about fixing that? And did he actually play Jaws Brogan in an episode of Out of Sight in 1996? Or does that credit truly belong to Nathan Gunn Number 3 (believe it or not there are three Nathan Gunns in the entertainment industry)? What's up with listing two appearances on The Colbert Report, one in 2007, one in 2008? He might have been scheduled for 2007 to hawk Just Before Sunrise and got caught up in the writer's strike, but I don't think he made more than one appearance. Take a look if you think I'm making this up: IMDB Nathan Gunn Number 2

Doesn't this guy have a publicist? On his home page, NathanGunn.com, there is a category titled "Links" that gives information on his management, which is all over the world. Could one of those people, who no doubt take a bit of moolah from him, check this out? It has been this way for months, for God's sake. I'd change it myself if I had his permission.

How am I going to convert people and get them all rowdied up for Nathan when the info they need to fall in love with him is faulty?

I'm pleading with you, Nathan Gunn's management or whoever takes care of his publicity - fix it! And put up a pic for his bio. And fill out his bio. And list all his performances correctly. And...well, you get the idea. And if you can't or don't want to, let me!! Leave a comment here - I'll zoom over and take care of the whole thing posthaste. 'Cause I loves me my NG.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Well looks like I have me a partner here in the "Hey everybody, look at this guy!" project. I've taken care of the YouTube presence and the sharing of live performances. You can work on IMDB.

Now the man should buy both of us drinks. ;)

Do you think Anon from Arizona will pass that message along?