Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Spell is Broken!

Something happened to a friend of mine yesterday and she was upset and embarrassed. I won't go into detail, but what was a truly unhappy experience for her had an unusual side effect. It FREED me!

Compulsions, attractions - they are very dangerous things. They can take you down paths that you thought you'd never go. They make you feel things too deeply, they make you imagine things that aren't true. They are a sickness in the worst sense.

So by having this event occur to my friend, it helped me put my own situation in perspective. A good old fashioned dose of reality - like cold water thrown in your face - and the sleeping brain awakes to the absurdity of it all. Result - I'M FREE!

Thanks for the cold water, friend. You inadvertently provided it just when I needed it most.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy to help. Call me anytime you think my embarrassment will help you. After all, what are friends for?