Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Granddaughter Witticisms

The other night as we were eating our fried chicken dinner, I observed my three year old granddaughter spear a piece of chicken with her fork (has to be de-boned for her) then run it through her mashed potatoes. The combination then went into her mouth.

I was taken aback - she is very picky about food touching each other and normally would have freaked out if I had tried to tempt her with food in that way.

I said to her, "Wow, you are getting to be almost a human being!" and she quickly shot back, "Is he a human being?" pointing over to her six year old brother. (Anything he can do she can do better is her new mantra.)

I replied, "Not quite yet, but he's getting there." She seemed content at that response.

Sibling rivalry over becoming human beings. You've got to love it.

No comments: