Sunday, May 3, 2009

University of Illinois Football 2009 Spring Game

On April 25th, my son, his girlfriend and I attended the annual spring football game, which is just a nice way of saying a team scrimmage.


It was general admission and pretty poorly attended, although I don't know why. The proceeds went to Coaches Against Cancer, a charity that I can definitely get behind, in light of my recent bout.

There is a clothing sale in the concourse before the game, and I was able to pick up some shirts for the kids very cheaply.

The special draw this year was the appearance of former football coach Mike White, who signed stuff and gave autographs. I got a pic of him as he passed me.


The game itself was not particularly exciting, but it was a beautiful day and I got to spend time with my son, so all was good.




No comments: