Sunday, May 3, 2009

National Public Safety Telecommunicator Week 2009

The week of April 12-18, 2009 was designated by Congress as National Public Safety Telecommunicator Week. I created a slideshow video:



I also created a collage photo that we embedded in a matte that was signed by our user agencies. The plan is to frame it and hang it in our Comm. Center.


We celebrated the week by allowing the telecommunicators to wear goofy dress all week (one day was pajama day, one was Hawaiian day, etc.), we provided a lunch and huge cake on Wednesday and we had a drawing everyday for some pretty awesome prizes. Here's the cake:


This week is dear to my heart. I was a telecommunicator and telecommunicator supervisor for 18 years before taking my present position and although I gained immense satisfaction from helping people, it would always have been nice to be recognized. The telecommunicator (or 911 operator) is really the forgotten hero in the public safety equation. But I'm happy to celebrate and give all the staff of our center their props for this one week.

No comments: