Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting Ready

I'm off work today to get ready for the Las Vegas trip. I'll be traveling tomorrow (Saturday) so today is a trade-off.

A bit of dilemma regarding clothing. I'm figuring that the conference center will be kept quite chilly if past experiences hold true. So I'll need a bit warmer items for day, but once conference time is over I know I'll be outside, wandering the strip, drinking, etc. I need less warm outfits for that.

I'm thinking that I'll wear my longer capris for the conference with a knit shirt and over-sweater. Then I can change the capris for shorts and ditch the sweater for after. Does that sound like a plan? I'm trying to stick to one suitcase for clothes and a smaller one for shoes, toiletries, etc. The airline is going to charge me $50.00 for two suitcases but I can't do a whole week with less.

That is the plan so far. Now I need to go try on everything to see if it all still fits. I had the cancer+20 (like the freshman+20) added last year but I think I've gotten rid of all of it now. Still I have enough doubt to want to check while I can still go pick up a few things if necessary.

Excitement and the usual nervousness is setting in. I love traveling but as a born worrier I always anticipate something going wrong.

No comments: