Thursday, May 7, 2009

Most Boring Day EVER

This morning I attended our local Community Leader's Breakfast with 6 of my co-workers. We sat down for the usual rubber scrambled eggs, mushy fried potatoes and hard sausage. No worries, we've done this before, so we know what to expect. EXCEPT...today, the new city manager came to our table and asked if he could sit down with us. OMG.

Well, of course, we said sure. But what a tense experience. Did I say the right things, did I drool? Did I sound stupid or needy or like a suck-up? Who knows? Everyone at the table became someone else. Unreal. The worst thing is that the speaker for the breakfast was excellent - spoke about generational differences with workers, etc., but it was very difficult to pay attention to her.

From there we went onto a meeting in Bloomington. It could have been a good meeting, but unfortunately it was without doubt the worst meeting I have ever attended. The speakers droned on and on - if I hadn't had my blackberry there for comic relief I might have had to hurt someone. Two hours of complete torture.

When we finally were released, we ate lunch, then indulged ourselves at Cold Stone Creamery. Yum yum - I had chocolate with raspberries. Only a little, though. Too many calories otherwise. I did have a taste of the flavor Sweet Cream. It was awesome but I'm mostly a chocolate girl. Maybe next time I'll give the Sweet Cream a shot.

So the day wasn't a total loss - could any day that involved ice cream be all bad?

No comments: