Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nathan Gunn in A Brief Encounter - Houston Grand Opera

Ah, if only I could force myself to go back to Texas. Alas, I have been there 4-5 times for work and after the last visit I promised myself I would never return.

If I could return, I would definitely go to Houston to see my boyfriend Nathan Gunn in the world premiere of this opera, A Brief Encounter.

The story of the opera involves a married woman and a married man meeting by chance in a train station, falling in love, and parting forever, realizing that the love can never be fulfilled. Just a little light drama. GAH! I hate stories like this. Reality is all well and good, but whatever happened to the guy getting the girl?

Here are some photos I've harvested from the web over the past few weeks:






It's almost unfair, isn't it, for Nathan to be so good looking and so talented. An embarrassment of riches, really. Hopefully his wife is suitably appreciative.

2 comments:

tcarstetter said...

Although I did not have the opportunity to see "Brief Encounter",I managed to see some video clips from MySpace.It was fantastic!The score clearly evoked post-war London and it was such sheer passion but gentlemanly modesty Nathan Gunn portrayed as Alec.Thanks for the great photos!I love your blog!

Maria said...

Thanks! I posted some more NG photos for you today. Enjoy!