Friday, January 30, 2009

Nathan Gunn in Action

I spoke about Nathan Gunn earlier in the week. His voice is like warm, rich chocolate. I'm posting a video from the Lyric Opera of Chicago here so you can see him in action. The Barber of Seville is so much fun - and you can tell he really enjoys the role.



An online friend of mine saw him perform this in person. I wish I could have been there.

Here is a promo video from his 2007 CD Just Before Sunrise. The song, Feels Like Home, was one that I wasn't so in love with at first, but it grew on me. I feel like an idiot, but I finally had what Oprah would call a "light bulb moment" the other day - all the songs on the Just Before Sunrise CD tell a story. Duh, huh? I'm looking for something catchy, but these songs require a bit of reflection and totally make sense. In fact, I'm listening to them and totally getting it. Slow learner, I guess.



I have a lot more videos to show...we'll get to them in time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It really was a great performance. :) Thanks for the mention. Feel free to link to my blog too if you like, and I'll link to yours.